It’s not only coastal gardens that have to deal with persistant wind; inland gardens at higher altitude also get regularly battered.
Don’t fight it!
There are plenty of plants for which these conditions are a breeze. Here are ten shrubs that are up to the challenge.
Good to Know:
- Choose appropriate, wind-resilient species.
- These are suggestions–any shrub can fail if not planted in appropriate conditions and given the care required.
- Shrubs planted in groups tend to sustain less damage than single shrubs standing alone.
- Plant in groups of 5 or more.
- Add other shrubs to ensure diversity.